Facetime is one of the best applications which you will find in Apple iPhone. The app helps you in video calling your friends and staying connected with them and that too for free. Unfortunately, Facetime is limited to Apple iOS operating system only, so if you are having an Android or Windows Phone device you won’t be able to use Facetime on it as there is no official version of the app developed. However some developers have developed Facetime for Android devices. Yes, you heard it right. The version of Facetime which we are going to share in this post is compatible with all Android smartphones and tablets. Even if you are not having Apple iPhone or iPad, you will be able to use Facetime now.
Features of Facetime
Facetime is having many cool and interesting features. We have listed some of these below.
- You can make video calls for free using Facetime. There is no configuration required to use the app as you just have to install it and you can start making video calls for free.
- Making calls using Facetime is very easy. You just have to open the contact list and then go to the contact to whom you want to call. Tap on the Facetime button and you will be able to Facetime your friend.
- You can do video calls in both portrait and landscape mode using Facetime.
- Smartphones come with two cameras. One on the front and one on the back. You can use both the cameras in the app for video calling. With just a single tap you can switch to the rear camera of your device.
- You can use either the Wi-Fi Connection or your mobile data for making calls. The quality is going to be same.
- Facetime comes with many customization options. You can customize the app as per your needs.
How can you even use Facetime on Android?
You might be wondering how you can use Facetime on your Android devices as there is no android version available. Originally Facetime works only on iOS operating systems which comes in iPhone, however the developers have converted the software into Android language one. The design of the app has been changed so that it fulfils all the requirements and works on all android devices flawlessly.
How to install Facetime for Android?
Now you know that you can use Facetime on your Android devices and how is it possible. To use Facetime on your Android devices you have to install a third-party application. If you are new to android there is a possibility that you don’t know how to install a third party application. To make it easier for you we have developed an installer which is very easy to download and then install Facetime for Android. We have shared easy steps below which will help you to download and install Facetime for android.
Download Facetime for Android on PC
- In order to download Facetime for Android you have to click on this link. The software will be downloaded on your computer.
- Once Facetime is downloaded, you have to connect your Android smartphone with your PC using a USB cable.
- Now you have to go to the location where the app has been downloaded. Open the app and then you will see a new window on your computer screen. You have to click Install here.
- Your android device will be identified and installation process will start and in no time Facetime will be installed on your Android device.
- Once installed, you will be able to enjoy Facetime on your Android device.
Download Facetime using Android device
There is one more way to download and install Facetime. You don’t need your PC for this method as your using your Android device you will be able to use Facetime on it.
- Open any browser on your android mobile phone and then click this link. Downloading process of app will start.
- Once downloaded, you have to make sure that installation via unknown sources is enabled. This needs to be done if you are installing a third party application. To enable installation via unknown sources go to Settings > Security > Enable Unknown Sources.
- Once download is complete, the setup will begin automatically.
- You will be able to use Facetime on your Android device in no time.
In this way you will be able to download and use Facetime on your Android devices. This method is universal and will work on all the Android smartphones and tablets. Though the version which we have shared is not the official version i.e. it is not developed by Apple, you might find some bugs in it.
We hope that you were able to install Facetime on your Android devices after following our guide and now you are Facetiming your friends. If you are having any doubts or questions please use the comments section to clear them out.